Tuesday, January 25, 2011

F@#king Finally

So it's been a while since anyone has posted so I thought I'd update everyone on my situation.

BTW, congrats to Lee on that Govt. Mule credit, I know it was almost 2 years ago but congrats still.

As for me, I went back to school for the third, yes, third time to get my Masters in Recording Arts at the University of Colorado Denver. I started in August of 2009 and recently finished last December. I wrote my thesis on using sustainable building materials in critical listening environments, specifically using straw bales and adobe.

It turns out that building a studio out of these materials is superior in every way save one. Your walls will be about 2 feet thick, but the acoustic performance, cost, and the environmental impact are pretty drastically better than your standard "room within a room" approach, which was pretty surprising.

Anyway, after that was done, I moved back to San Diego and have come back to work for Sony Computer Entertainment as a full time mixer for game trailers and promo videos. I started last Thursday and things have been pretty busy right out of the gate. You can see one of the videos I mixed my first day here for the game Little Big Planet 2,

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/share-trailer-littlebigplanet-2/709648

So things have seemingly worked out for the time being. Hopefully all of you are finding consistent employment, I wish you all the best. Keep in touch and if anyone sees this, post some news about yourself.

Cheers,

Nick Fletcher

No comments: